I love to wear French fish tails, so I thought it would be fun to try out two pigtails on one side.
There were two things that I had problems withwhen I created this style. The first one was to decide how big each section is for the two braids on the left side. It is important that they are similar in size, but not too far back on the head, that you get a bump at the top when you hold them in place. The other fight was to make sure the braids did not look messy once they were nailed together. For this I have taken care to spray them with hairspray and to flatten all flies before and after fixation.
I always see requests for more half hairstyles,So I hope you enjoy reading this tutorial. It could easily hang up or down, depending on what your plans are that day. If you have a ton of hair, try it with two pigtails on each side. Thank you for reading! xo, missy
Half Up Double Fishtail French Braids Supplies:
- 1 1/4 "curling iron
- Clip for cutting hair
- Medium hairspray
Half Up Double Fishtail French Braids Instructions:
To prepare my hair for this style, I ruffled small sections of my face with a 1 1/4 "curling iron.
- Step 1 / Start by sharing the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Divide a portion of the hair on the left side, about 3 cm back from the hairline and cut off the front hair.
- Step 3 / Take a small piece of hair near the part and divide it into three sections.
- Step 4 / Start a normal braid by crossing the right strand over the middle and then crossing the left strand over the middle.
- Step 5 / Combine the middle and right strands together so that there are two sections.
- Step 6 / Take a small piece from the right side and cross it to the left, take a new strand of hair and cross it on the left side.
- Step 7 / Take a small piece from the left side, cross it to the right, take a new strand of hair and cross it on the right side.
- Step 8 / Repeat steps 6 and 7,by crossing small sections from one side to the opposite side as you add new sections until the braid reaches the left temple.
- Step 9 / Now add hair to the bottom of the braid and just bring hair to the top of the braid until it reaches the back of the head.
- Step 10 / Braid the section a little further down and cross a hair clip over the floor so it does not dissolve.
- Step 11 / Lower the front part of the previously cut hair and repeat steps 6-10.
- Step 12 / Now create a thirdFishtail - braid with the hair on the right side of the head, add hair until the braid reaches a little over the right ear, and put the braid down a little further before you end up pushing a hairpin over the hair.
- Step 13 / Take the right braid and create a gap about halfway up the braid.
- Step 14 / Pull the back, left braid through the gap.
- Step 15 / Poke both strands with bobby pins upside down.
- Step 16 / Carefully pull on the edges of the braids to make them a little bit fuller.
- Step 17 / Then remove the bobby pins from the ends of the braids and brush through them.
- Step 18 / Take the front left braid and gently pull the edges to make it a little bit fuller.
- Step 19 / Place it under the previous two braids and stick it with bobby pins in place.
- Step 20 / Set the style with a medium-hard hairspray.