I love to throw my hair into a ponytail during the hot summer heat.
To throw in two Dutch braids is onegreat, easy way to make your everyday pony a little extra sweet. This style works best on the second or third day when it is a bit too dirty to wear off, but not dirty enough to carry a messy bun.
Try it with wet hair afterYou jumped out of the pool, or dress up for a fun evening with friends! Thank you for reading! Have a nice weekend - xo, Missy
Double Dutch Braid Ponytail Accessories:
- Medium hairspray
Double Dutch Braid Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by releasing the hair slightly from the middle.
- Step 2 / Take a section on the left side of the head and divide it into three smaller pieces for the Dutch braid.
- Step 3 / Cross first the right strand under the middle and then the left strand under the middle.
- Step 4 / Now cross the right strand under the middle, take a new strand of hair and cross under and into the middle.
- Step 5 / Then cross the left strand under the middle and put a new section in the braid.
- Step 6 / Now repeat these steps by continuing the Dutch braid and adding hairs on both sides of the braid that concentrate on the back of the head.
- Step 7 / Once the braid back of the headand the hair is inserted behind the ear, stop putting new pieces in the braid and braid the cut a little further down before sliding a hairpin over the floor.
- Step 8 / Repeat exactly the same steps and create a second Dutch braid with the hair on the right side of the head.
- Step 9 / When both plaits are done, combine all the hair into a high ponytail and tie it with a hair band.
- Step 10 / Go back over the braids and pull the edges to make them a little bit fuller.
- Step 11 / Take a small piece off the ponytail, wrap it around the hair band and attach it down with a hair clip.
- Step 12 / Apply the style with hairspray and flatten all overflights.